Saturday, August 8, 2009

August 8th

Hello from Santa Cruz. We are just finishing up our first week. We have been in school orientation Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. None on Thursday because it was an Bolivian holiday-independence day. The first pic is this years student verse I Tim 4:12. This is painted on the inside wall of the entrance into the SCCLC. By the way we have a new picture on the home page of Debie and I-it is the entrance to the school.

The next three pic are the house we were staying in. It was a big house with 4 bedrooms etc. It was also a mile away from the school which was an inconvenience. Also there was another couple coming that had a bigger family so we moved on Thursday to our present location which is about a 5 minute walk to the school.


We have been spending a lot of time at the school preparing classrooms and material for Monday when we start school. Pictured below is Debie's Kinder room. It needed a lot of work and it is just about ready to go. Debie teaches a half day Kinder with 1o students. Some our MK and some Bolivians. She has been a real trooper and has done a great job in preparation for the school year. Now she needs to study her curriculum.


As for Tim his teaching schedule is 9th grade Ancient World History, 9-10th Computers, 12 grade Business Math, and 7-10 girls PE. What a schedule. They haven't said anything about coaching yet but I will probably be coaching some level of Volleyball. I don't have one room that I am in so I really don't have any roots. I will not know how many students I will have in each classroom until Monday. One thing about PE is that I am team teaching with Andrew Bloomfied a CA boy who is in his 20's. Last year he taught in Korea. He is a great guy who is a lot of fun. I will post of picture of him later since I don't have one at the pesent time.


Debie is working very hard trying to get our present apartment up and running. This one has 1 bedroom, 1 bath, a kitchen and living room. A lot smaller. It also wasn't in as good condition as the other. I did go out today and purchased a microwave for the apartment. It was about $70. More expensive in Bolivia. But for the most part the food is a lot cheaper in price here.


We are doing good. Going to an English speaking church tommorrow and then back to school for final preparation for Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment